Nelson's Happy place

Friday, March 12, 2010

1997 Poem Book Introduction and Poem

Ok! We finally got through 1996, now we move right into 1997. I'm looking forward to getting through these intros, have I mentioned that? This poem is from the book with the same title, With Just A Pen. Here Goes:



With Just A Pen



With just a pen

You can write a song

And tell the world

What you think is wrong



You can write the longest letter

Just to make somebody cry

Or you could jot down an apology

And do what you can to explain to them why



You could could make up a new world order

How it would be if it were up to you

You could even make a mess; tell us you've something to confess

Then you could lie to us, or tell us the simple truth



You could dedicate yourself to the world

Or just to somebody you truly love

You could curse another death upon the Devil

Or draft new prayers to the LORD above



You could make a world of difference

With what you're holding in your hand

Add a little thought and the time it takes

It doesn't even matter if you're a woman or a man



With just a pen you can cross out a debt

That has since been paid in full

You can scribble for a best friend just a little note

To let her know you think about her and that you think she's cool



You can write a farewell for someone leaving

Or welcome them back with a great big cheerful HI!!!

You can write down your questions and have them answered

Or write down your own answers when you finally find out why



Nelson Coblentz

12/18/97





I know that pens are used a lot less than they used to be, what with all this computer mess and junk, but we still need them, right? I don't dare go anywhere without my pen and little notepad. I just have too many thoughts and ideas to try and keep track of them in my head. There's enough going on up there already! It is even easier to do these things I mentioned with these computers, as with this I can share my thoughts with people all over the world. I could start trouble, but why? There's enough out there that I'm proud to not be involved with already!


Here is the Table Of Contents for With Just A Pen- 1997 poems


1. Will There Ever Be A Way?

2. Remember Me?

3. A Narrow-Minded Ruler With A Loaded Gun

4. I Heard About It In A Song

5. The Tired Voices

6. Angel Of Mercy

7. More Than Just A Song

8. Memory Of Someone Like You

9. The Quarter

10. If It Makes You Want To Dance

11. Unmade Promises

12. Say What You Mean (And Mean What You Say)

13. It's Your Life

14. I've Never

15. Behind The Eyes

16. Free

17. Some Kind Of Sadness (In Her Eyes)

18. Gobbledygook

19. If I Should Fall In Love With You (Too Soon)

20. I Refuse To Feel Sorry

21. Will You Accept The Charges

22. For Just A Day

23. The Big Green Shirt (With The Big Old Dinosaur)

24. Happy Birthday!

25. Yet We Laugh

26. Public Apology

27. Pieces Of Poetry

28. On The Edge Of Forgiveness

29. Untitled

30. More To Say

31. One Thousand Words

32. Do It

33. It Takes A Beautiful Woman (To Be Somebody Like You)

34. Tonight

35. Lonely Away

36. Red Rover

37. Seriously

38. Always Searching (For Something You'll Never Find)

39. It Had To Be You

40. Needless To Say

41. You Don't Have To Answer The Question

42. My Sun

43. The Many Faces

44. Inside My Head

45. No Artificial Flowers

46. For The Love Of Music

47. A Weed In A Flowerbed

48. The Witness

49. It's All In My Heart

50. Not Using Words

51. But I Do

52. The Love Of My Life

53. B.Y.O.R (Bring Your Own Reason)

54. When Daddy Comes Home

55. You Made A Liar Out Of Me

56. Crazy

57. I'm Not Hungry

58. You Wouldn't Know

59. Untitled II

60. Counting Scars

61. Happiness

62. The Lonely Writer

63. The Mountain, Man

64. Lipstick On the Mirror

65. Untitled III

66. What You're About

67. Trying To Keep From Falling Out Of Love

68. Something Only A Woman Like You Can Be

69. Ignorance

70. Something To Rearrange

71. With Just A Pen

72. Falling Apart At The Dream

73. Names Of Strangers

74. The Meanest Man In Town

75. I feel Better Now



And this concludes the 1997 poem book introduction and poem posting. You know what comes next, right? Thats right! Next up is my '98-'99 book, titled Confessions, Signed And Dated. That ought to be interesting! More poems and stories coming up!! I hope you're enjoying my posts and elaborations. I'm sure some of them will be hard to hit the 'publish post' button on, but I can do it!
I'm not going to keep going with this one. I think I said enough. This rainy weather we're having is making me pretty sleepy, and it's kinda hard to think of things to say.
So I'll say TeeTeeEffEn, and I'll catch up with yous later.
From me to you, until next time,
Nelson Coblentz

No comments:

Post a Comment