Nelson's Happy place

Thursday, March 4, 2010

My NEW Poem!

I know I said that I USED to write poetry, that I havent for some time now, but I had gotten the seedling in my head of an idea for a poem, and this morning I jotted it down. Whether it's actually good enough to post on here right now or not is a different matter entirely, but I'm gonna do it! It is what it is! And HEEEEERRRREEE it is:



A Bigger Hug


Many of us human beings

Are stuck in a comfort zone

A place full of things we know and love

And can truly call our own





It's hard to step outside of it

Just the thought makes your heart race!

No, we don't want much at all to do

With what doesn't fit in our embrace





Oh, but there are things out there

That I would love to have!

Fun and adventure of different sorts

Something better, of higher class





If I could wrap my arms around new things

And still be snug as a bug

I could have my cake and eat it too

So all I need is a bigger hug!!





I want to have a bigger piece of the pie

And get more of what I really deserve

I want to truly live before I die

Not always being the last one served





You don't have to leave your comfort zone

And feel like you need drugs

You just have to stretch out your arms

And give the world a bigger hug!



Nelson Coblentz

Today!

(3/4/010)



So THHHEEEEEERRRRREEEEEE it is! My latest writing! Don't be afraid to tell me what you think. I can delete what comments I don't want on here, right? I'm still trying to figure out this daggone Html crap! It doesn't look like I'm wanting it to look without having to fight with it for a while! I'll get it, I'm sure.
Because of this new poem, I will not be posting the poem of the day as I'd planned. That'll have to wait until at least tomorrow now, if not longer. Heheheheh. lol. Whatever! We shall Just see!
I do hope you like it, of course, but regardless, I already do like it. I can say that now.
So Good night everybody, and I'll probably be back here tomorrow night!
From Me to You,
Nelson Coblentz

No comments:

Post a Comment