Nelson's Happy place

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Perfect Center Poem Book Introduction and Poem

Today's posting is of my 2002- 2006 poem book entitled Perfect Center. This is the last poem book that I've put together. What I am posting first is the Intro, or the forward of the book itself. I kinda like it, and I'm hoping that you do too.







Perfect Center


Thank you, first and foremost, for somehow getting a hold of a copy of Perfect Center. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day, your busy world, to spend a little of it with me, in my world. My hope is that you will like what you are about to read, and that you'll have that irresistable urge to share it with the people that matter to you, in and around your life.



If you remember correctly- if you remember at all, this book is pretty long overdue. It was supposed to be released in January 2007, as I'd posted on Myspace and everything. Well, it is now October 2007, and it is just now coming out. i hope it's worth the wait, if by chance you happened to be waiting.



This book is about life, in a sense- these poems reflecting different times of MY life, and the different feelings and emotions that went along with them. Life has its ups and downs, its highs and lows, where some days you can't tell the top from the bottom, or one side from the other. But you always come back to center. YOUR perfect center. Maybe your perfect center isn't perfectly center at all. Maybe it IS a bit high and to the right. But that's where you're at your best; thats where you need to be. Despite all our differences, we can relate to each other more than we care to admit. We all go through the same things, even if it's at different times, maybe even in different ways. we've all had our hearts broken, and we've all ended up finding something later on that made it all worth it. There is good to be gotten from bad things. If you can't find them, either you're not looking hard enough or you're not supposed to see it yet. But everything happens for a reason, even if we don't know what that reason is, or even agree with it.

Lets imagine, for a second, that the world as we know it is nothing more than a jigsaw puzzle on God's kitchen table. Still in the process of being done, He worls on it from this angle, from that angle, then yet from another, working on a completely set of colors. It doesn't look like anything yet, but the two and three piece clusters of puzzle pieces He knows will eventually fit somewhere in the big picture- The finished puzzle. He can work on it for days, and all of a sudden there's one magic piece that connects one cluster to another. Wow! Now it's starting to look like something! That's the way life is sometimes. You're nothing but a puzzled piece floating around in a puzzle of who even knows how many pieces. But if you hang in there, some day you will know what you did it all for. Your purpose will be revealed to you, and your usefulness will be evident to everyone around you. If you think that you, being only one piece of the puzzle are not important, try putting a puzzle together that has all BUT that last piece. That missing piece will stare out at you like a green thumb in a parking lot! We all need each other whether we know it or not, and we all need more of each other than we can really give. Sometimes we leave people alone in their lives, not realizing how much they see that we're not there. All they need is an indication that they matter to you. A lot of times it would make someone's day- and probably yours too.

Personally, I think that we all spend so much time worrying about what's wrong with us and spend so much time trying to fix it, that we're ruining that big picture- that greater plan- by not being what we're supposed to be in the first place. We were all sent here to be a part of that puzzle in the end, and we're changing so much of ourselves that we may not even fit where we're supposed to be fitting into. We succumb to people every day, telling us to do this, and do that, when inside we know that we know better. What's good for the goose isn't always good for the gander!

For those of you who do not know me, I have been writing poetry for many years. For those of you who DO know me, I have been writing poetry for many years. This is not my first book of poems. I have been writing since 1992, in English class. Some teacher thought she was being smart, and went and created a monster out of me! I do want to share this book with you, however, even if you never read the other ones. This one is relatively small- it's after the Myspace invasion, and I just got the notion that I should actually get more people to read it! You can have as many lights on in the house as you want, but as long as you have dark curtains on the windows, the world outside can't see any of it, and none of it matters. I want to share my words with you, my thoughts and feelings, maybe even an opinion or two every now and then, and get you to help me share the burden of their existence.

I'm hoping that as I share these with you, that each set of eyes that read these words can act as a set of fingernails scratching some hard to reach itch somewhere that had been there for so long that I came to not even realize it was there anymore. My last book of poems, before this one, is Words, done in 2001. Before that, I have one for almost every year, though some are doubled up. I will get you a complete listing later, in case you'd like to read some of them as well. Covering from 2002 through 2006, this book captures more than a single book alone normally would, encompassing more, different chapters in my life. The poems in Perfect Center were written with much more feeling than the earlier books, and as you'll see, those feelings vary from piece to piece, from one time frame tot he next. As I was compiling these different pieces, I got to reflect on each one of them, letting them take me back there, in one way or another, the good times and the bad. These poems, no matter the content, all helped to get me where I am today. Without all of them, together, I would be a different person, even if just slightly off from where I am today.


I hope you enjoy reading them.


Sincerely,



Nelson Coblentz











And now I will post the Table Of Contents- the last one to introduce:





2002- 2003 poems:


1. When He Puts My Mind To It

2. Company's Coming

3. When?

4. First Date

5. Yesterday's Tomorrow (Today)

6. If Love Is The Answer

7. What Would It Be?

8. Angel Dust

9. She Needed Love

10. List Of Safe Questions

11. I Just Hope You Can Wait That Long

12. My Inspiration

13. The Looking Glass

14. My Secret Weapon

15. If I Could've Not Loved Her (The Way She Didn't Love Me)

16. A Day In The Life
17. How Often Does It Happen?
18. Tender Tears
19. Almost Sure
20. I Am Not You




2004- 2006 poems:




21. Where I Always Want To Be


22. Now I Know Who


23. You Would Have To Push Me Away


24. Let Me Stay


25. This And That


26. 20/20 Vision


27. When I Grow Up (I Want To Be A Kid Again)


28. My Beautiful Bride To Be


29. Loving Each Other


30. The Woman In My Life


31. When I Make Love To You


32. One Day (Never Soon Enough)


33. My Precious Love


34. My Reality


35. It Just Ain't Fair


36. A Part Of Me


37. I Have Nothing To Lose (I Already Lost Her)


38. Ex's Lament


39. I'll Cry


40. Everything You Are


41. My Universe


42. My Hunger


43. Take Me To The Bottle






And there it is! The last table of contents that I have to post on here! Now I just get to pick a poem and the story behind it, and share it with you guys, my followers, or whoever happened to stumble upon it. Whoever you are, I hope you like them, though not enough to steal them.

No comments:

Post a Comment