Nelson's Happy place

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Prayer

Dear God

(First I ask that you help me to read this every day and to remember these words when I am away)

Walk with us, Lord, as we walk through this world, and help us to live in your ways. I'm sure you know that there are many things here to distract us from your ways, but surely I can, with your help, do better and try harder. Guide my thoughts, Lord, and keep them away from the negative things, Satan's things, and instead focus on what is yours- the good, positive things of this world. I know you put Angels among us, Lord, to help us through things. Please don't let me forsake them and ignore your advice. I know that you work in myterious ways, and that everything happens for a reason, so help me to stay open minded when things happen that I don't understand. It's all a part of your master plan, Lord.

Help me to help others whenever I get the chance, Lord, for they just might be one of those angels, testing me to see what kind of person I am. Help me to pass that test, Lord!

Heal my heart from these wounds that I know you already know about, Lord, and help it to beat a good beat for you as I continue to live this life by your grace.

You know what each and every one of think we need, Lord, for you know all and see all- but you also know what each and every one of us deserve. You can read our minds and see every action that we have done on this earth and in our lives, and you know those bad things we did- and that we just can't be happy until we have paid the cost for that sin and been disciplined in your loving grace. I don't need to tell you what they are, for you can see into my soul and know even better than I do what needs your attention the most. Forgive me for my sins, Lord, and show me the right way to move forward in my life according to your plan.

Help me to become what you have intended for me to become, and don't let me be afraid of what other people may think about me, or what they think I should become. I should only have to worry about what The Lord, My God wants me to be, and what he wants me to do. Help me to remember that when the time comes that I put too much stock in the thoughts and opinions of others.

Please, Lord, shine your light into my heart and into my life and chase away the darkness. Fill every corner of my existance with your love, with your patience, with your holiness.

I have been reading a lot about you, lately, Lord, and I have to admit that I have been missing out on a lot. There are things in Your Book I had no idea were in there. And it's so interesting!
Sometimes we even read the nexts days' verses because we are so intrigued with this new knowledge! Please build me up even more with your knowledge, Lord, with your word.

Bless us all, Lord, for you know we need it down here! Keep knocking on our hearts just in case we might open up and let you in, Lord. Some of us aren't quite sure how, Lord, or feel that we're not ready. Please help me get ready to receive you! I want to let you in and have you in my heart, living with me day after day, every day, to show me which way to step. Guide those who may just be going through the motions, Lord, for that will get them nowhere with you. Again, its not the thoughts and opinions of others that count, it is only Your judgement that will mean anything in the end. We know who we are, as do you, even when others may not. A good christian is not just a christian in church, on Sundays, but is so on every day of the week, in Your honor.

Please watch over us on our cruise, Lord. Keep us safe on our travels and be with us when we go to Texas. Guide us on our move and help us make new friends in our new surroundings.

Please bless our marriage, Lord, and help to make it a joyful celebration of the beginning of our new life together. Please don't let me dwell on the negatives on such a positive day. Help me to be the man that I need to be for Angela, doing what I need to do, and finding the right words to say when I need to speak.

Our Father, thou art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, for thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment